Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Things Change and So Do People (Chapter 5)

Hey everyone! Finally here's chapter 5! I'm thinking about making another series this one is getting kind of long. Enjoy!

Slowly fish ventured back home. Excited Tarrzar flashed a small, rare grin towards Jesse. Jesse slipped off her tennis shoes to reveal damp socks, determined to stay quiet. At last she jumped. Reaching the stone she landed soundlessly.
"Yes!" Tarrzar exclaimed.
"I did it!"
"Now you learn to hunt."
"No th-"
"Do you want to die out here?"
"N-no."
"Very well, first you must scan the water for fish and when you see a suitable size you-" Tarrzar snapped his jaw open and closed as he dove into the water to venture back up into the fresh air with a slippery bass.
The fish flipped back and forth until, with a sharp slash, the fish stopped in it's tracks.
"Your turn."
"I don't th-"
"Do it!" So she did. Jesse skimmed the water for a reasonably sized fish, unable to imagine the cruel fate the fish would end with.
Slowly, Jesse crept closer to the lake pressing closer toward the water. She opened her eyes in the water in search of fresh kill. Darting after a big, fat bass her hands swooped forward, through instinct. Jesse swiftly lifted her head out of the water to reveal the panicking bass.
"Kill it."
"I can't."
"Do you want to live?" with that, Jesse let out a sigh, smashing the bass into the stone ending it's life. Forever.

6 comments:

  1. Emolaylay~
    Unfortunately, I don't think I got to read chapters 1-4. Can you repost them or email them to me? Oh, and riddle me this...in this sentence, "Very well, first you must scan the water for fish and when you see a suitable size you-" are you sure that you used the word "scan" correctly or is it suppose to be skim?
    <3 Mrs. T...hompson

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh! i don't want to answer the riddle! and sure i'll email em to chu

    ReplyDelete
  3. and fine i will...since it will help me in eog's...i think it's scanning because they're looking for a specific size fish...tell me if i'm wrong! ):

    ReplyDelete
  4. wait no! scanning is looking for one specific thing so i am right...right?
    ~Emolaylay

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right. It's suppose to be scan. I was just wondering if you would figure it out. And I'm oh so happy that you were determined enough to figure it out.
    I'm so proud!
    <3 Mrs. T...hompson

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahahahahaha i get confused though i hate skimming and scanning is just as bad! (:<

    ReplyDelete

Followers